Invest in Aqaba
Shining the Spotlight on Jordan’s Rising Port City
The Aqaba Special Economic Zone Authority (ASEZA) convened a team of private sector leaders to spotlight Aqaba’s burgeoning industries and stimulate U.S. exports and investment opportunities.
The mission was to showcase Aqaba to American and international investors as well as the U.S top-tier media as the next Middle East capital and a fast- growth and strategic investment destination.
- The “Invest in Aqaba” mission took place on a four-day tour of New York City, Baltimore and Washington, D.C
- Joined by Stuart E. Jones, U.S. Ambassador to Jordan (via satellite), the delegation represented a diverse range of sectors, including tourism and real estate, infrastructure, industry, energy and ports and logistics.
- This summit represented an early, bold step toward establishing Aqaba “on the map” and raising the city’s mindshare and recognition among key stakeholders and constituents.
- Executed a well-attended “Invest in Aqaba” seminar hosted at Citi
- Secured meetings and also generated positive and balanced coverage of Aqaba and its economy via top-tier media outlets including Bloomberg News, Fox Business News, Baltimore Sun, Forbes, Fortune, U.S. News & World Report and others.
- Coordinated several high-level business meetings with existing and potential investors including
- Forged relationships with the leading academic institutions in NYC and Washington, C.
- Met with Harbor developers and port administration in Baltimore Maryland for informative exchange of ideas between these two port cities
- Fostered understanding and trust with key investment and media influencers
Secured Media appointments: BBC World News: Business Edition, Bloomberg, Baltimore Sun, US News and World Report, Forbes Magazine, The Wall Street Journal. Fortune Magazine, Fox Business, Travel & Leisure, Institutional Investor, Global Finance, Associated Press and others.
Companies, Organizations and Institutions met: Fordham University, Columbia University, New York University, Georgetown University, Engineering and Environmental Services Inc., Port Authority of New York & New Jersey, Education for Employment Foundation, STV Group, Inc., MasterCard Worldwide, First Solar, New York City Parks and Recreation Department, American Society of Travel Agents, Office of the Mayor of Baltimore, MD, Baltimore Development Corporation, Maryland Port Administration, Baltimore National Aquarium, NTELX, U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Hilton Worldwide and others.